Question

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago

I upgraded my Koodo package (on self-serve) to the $65/month unlimited mins, 1G data with Bonus offer of 2 GB of data and a $10 bill credit for 12 months (on plans $40 bought with own phone). However the bonus offer does not appear to have been added to my purchase.

How do I get this added?

Photo of Ade Sapara

Ade Sapara

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • very frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,964 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Ade,
Did you just simply change your planĀ  on selfserve? Koodo in their note below of the rateplan page said:
"Bonus data is available with new activations and renewals only on select in-market plans...."

"Renewals" in that sentence meant "upgrade your plan with a new device", I believe. If you simply changed your plan in selfserve, you might not qualify for the bonus.
(Edited)
Photo of Ade Sapara

Ade Sapara

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

My phone has been on seasonal hold since early Nov 2017 as I have been in the UK. On return, I activated my contract by choosing a new package and expected to qualify for the Bonus data.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Switching from Seasonal Hold to an in market plan is considered a plan change, an neither a renewal, nor a new activation.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,882 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Like David said, they didn't consider it a renewal, unfortunately.

If you really want to keep the number (seasonal hold) and the new bonus. You could add a new line, then port the old number to Koodo prepaid, then port the number from koodo prepaid to the new postpaid. It was a workaround and will cost some money for a prepaid SIM. You could also try to call Koodo and see if they could help you with some credit.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,544 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Couldnt OP move backĀ  to seasonal hold and then "upgrade" to the plan with a new tab?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,882 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If he had gotten a Tab then it would have been considered as a "renewal".
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,544 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes which would qualify OP for the bonus