Question about changing phone on my name

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
My ex owes money on his bill can't pay ..I'm on his plan is there anyway I can keep my phone and get my own plan or am I screwed and have to switch phone companies?
Photo of unknown


  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • so mad I need phone since my father is severely ill need it to keep in touch with mom

Posted 10 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

  • 42,216 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think you can transfer the number and phone to your name. However, you might have to pay the tab of the phone (if that one has) and previous balance on that number before doing so.

On the other hand, if you can deal with a fresh start with a new number, you can just open a new account with Koodo and let your ex deal with old number.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

  • 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can make the change, but your ex will have to agree and they might make you pay the bill. The tab will transfer out with the transfer of ownership. Hopefully a rep can chime in about the actual bill..