Problems with Updating to Windows 8.1 on Lumia 1020

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 from Microsoft Store and it is working fine on the Koodo Network. However, I can't get the Windows 8.1 update.
I go to Settings>Phone Update and it says 'Your Phone is Up-to-date, but the OS is still showing Windows 8.0.
I have a Nokia Lumia 625 and the update on that worked fine.
Any help would be appreciated
Photo of Triple A

Triple A

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's strange, as both Telus and Rogers variants have had the Cyan update. I don't know what device the one sold from the MSFT store is, but I'm willing to bet that it's the one listed as "Country Variant" in the US list.

If your version is 3051.40000.1347.0001, then the update is not available yet as it's listed as "Under Testing".

Source: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/s...
Photo of Neil

Neil

• 70 Points
Also seeing this on a Lumia 520 that was purchased from Koodo but later unlocked. Nokia support page says Cyan update is available from Koodo for the 520. Has unlocking the phone untied it from Koodo update?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No but have you tried a Koodo sim?
Photo of Neil

Neil

• 70 Points
I have a Koodo sim installed and am on a Koodo plan. The unlock was for travel and use of a local sim in Europe this past summer.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The unlocking should have no bearing on the update. I'd suggest reaching out to Nokia Care (Twitter/Facebook/Email) to inquire about your situation.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.