problem

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
it keeps saying that my phone id under telus when i am trying to use it on facebook but i have an account with koodo
Photo of Annabella Fawcett-DesChamps

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Josh765

Josh765

• 1,344 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hey Annabella,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean.
Does the network name change to TELUS when you are on Facebook?
Or is Facebook telling you that you have a TELUS phone?

In either case there is most likely not an issue as TELUS is Koodo's parent company meaning they are essentially the same company. There is a bug currently where the network name changes to TELUS but don't worry it is harmless and you will not be charged extra as you technically are not roaming. :)
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you were using your phone to login to facebook just powercycle phone after battery/SIM removal will bring back Koodo network. If this is only Facebook issue don't be scared like Josh765 said there will be no impact on your Koodo account.
Photo of Marcel in O-Town

Marcel in O-Town

• 3,722 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I get the same thing when I am on Google Play store.. I want to install an app on my phone, and it says Telus SGS-747 (I have an unlocked Galaxy S3 on Koodo running custom rom). "Technically" it is correct, as Telus and Koodo share the same MCC 302 and MNC 220 (basically identifiers to the GSM network about the providers Mobile Country Code)
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
^^ This needs to be starred!
Photo of Marcel in O-Town

Marcel in O-Town

• 3,722 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I get the same thing when I am on Google Play store.. I want to install an app on my phone, and it says Telus SGS-747 (I have an unlocked Galaxy S3 on Koodo running custom rom). "Technically" it is correct, as Telus and Koodo share the same MCC 302 and MNC 220 (basically identifiers to the GSM network about the providers Mobile Country Code)

additional information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_...

Now you can star it Topper :-)
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I just did...lol
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I feel better now :P

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.