Price Protection

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Koodo should offer Price Protection. At least for 14 days to match the no questions asked returns length.

This would have to be through their online store only, because other retailers can lower prices however they feel fit.

But I bought a phone a few days ago and the price dropped $50 today. It was quite the process to get reimbursed the $50. It should be a simple mouse click or two.
Photo of Scott G

Scott G

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can return the phone within 15 days and ask for a refund. Then you can rebuy the phone at the advertised price.
Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could call in and request the difference, as long as it's within the 15 days.
Photo of Scott G

Scott G

I did but had to go through a couple managers/supervisors and call a couple different phone numbers. My point is that they should make it easier. Self serve easy.

And then advertise it as selling point for Koodo. Big chain stores do this, why not a mobile carrier?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did something change? I thought it was 14 days
Photo of Scott G

Scott G

The return policy is 14 days and appears to be straight forward. It's also well advertised, but Price Match is not something they advertise. Also it's not straight forward, as I experienced today. I don't even think they officially support it, it took a lot of nagging from me to get them to do it.
Photo of Xavier

Xavier

• 7,610 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
After the new CRTC Wireless Code regulation is 15 days now.
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I kept my word. +1 for this :)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It would be great if they could implement this easily somehow for sure.
I thank it you got the Moto G, excellent phone and I still hope to God they get the 16gb because it will fly off the shelves and help bring Motorola to where should be and not losing money like they have since Google purchased them. They should be ahead of Samsung which I use to be a big fan of but like I said awhile ago Motorola is going to shake up the mobile world now that Google owns them and we're seeing that happen right now. Sorry I got side tracked there hehehe
Photo of JerryCan

JerryCan

• 1,166 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Not sure of your location, but Ontario has a 10-day cooling off period for any contract you sign allowing you to cancel and get your money back. It's in the consumer protection act.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 201,510 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes but the idea is that you don't have to cancel your account you just set up and that they would reimburse you if the phone goes on sale within the 14 day return period. What your suggesting or brining up has no bearing on the conversation man.
Photo of JerryCan

JerryCan

• 1,166 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
There is currently a legal remedy for this situation. I am 99.9% certain that if you called customer service and detailed your rights to cancel they would offer the credit etc. I was faced with a similar situation when my parents came onto our account. A double mins/data promo started 3 days later with an expiry before we would be allowed to change it in self serve. 3 mins on the phone and it was fixed.

There was no self serve option for it. If I was running Koodo, I wouldn't make it one either.

It's surprising how many people would not bother to do anything about a 50 buck price drop. However, CSRs should be instructed to make the change if you take the 5 mins to call without hassle.

For instance, my Father has a Bell internet plan from ages ago that has dropped in price $15/month. He didn't realize that had happened and was just paying the higher rate. I alerted him to it a year ago, and he still has not made the call. Some people just don't/won't. And he won't until I go over there and dial the number for him I bet...
Photo of Sumaya K.

Sumaya K.

• 7,350 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Scott for bringing this to my attention. Let us dig deeper at the current process right now and see how we can make it more simple.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.