Price jump of over $100 overnight?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Positive Tab mentions

I was planning on ordering the 6P tomorrow, but the price has gone from $89.25 with my positive tab balance to $239.25!!!. why do they change the price so drastically on a Wednesday of all days?
 That was the only phone i was interested in. Looks like I may have to look at different providers seeing that I called the web store and they said nothing could be done about it.
Photo of T-Jay Nolan

T-Jay Nolan

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jon De Vos

Jon De Vos

• 70 Points
I'm in the same boat. Was going to order yesterday and it was $55 but didn't have time so figured I'd do it tonight and now the price jump. I too may have to look at bell now.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,436 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sales come and go. It was 200 off on tab Christmas time. Then back to 724. Sale again. Back down to 724. It's interesting that Koodo almost never announces when they discount phones/put them on sale, but again, they come and go. Not much else can be said about it. Honestly? I'd hold out for the next line of flagships to carry the Snapdragon 820 CPU. Whatever the successor Nexus or potential Moxo X 2016 will become.
Photo of T-Jay Nolan

T-Jay Nolan

It is annoying. It would be nice if they at least stated when the sales end so we would at least know lol.
Maybe I'll make my S3 last a while longer seeing as i do have a great rate plan.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Yeah that would be really nice. Not sure why they don't. I'd try to if it still works for you. I'd also suggest going moto x 2016 whenever it launches. It'll still be a huge upgrade and it should come in at quite a bit under 724.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Not to mention you still have room to rack up more positive tab.
(Edited)
Photo of T-Jay Nolan

T-Jay Nolan

good point
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 61,736 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We consumers are subject to being blindsided by sudden sales or expiry dates.

So are the telcos, because sometimes they will have to matchprices or figure that they can ride it out and not react.

This is one of the few areas where if you see a deal too good to be true.... GO FOR IT!!!

At least with Koodo you can always change your plan the following month.
Photo of Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't really seem to understand your problem. You're saying your tab balance was positive 89 and now 250+ or negative?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

The numbers are a little confusing, to be honest. T-Jay is saying after tab, it would cost 89 before, and now would cost 238. I am guessing that the $15 tab option is being looked at, and applying they positive tab would take the upfront cost of 350 down to 238 now.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.