Prepaid: Picture Messaging Works Sporadically - Lumia 520

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

One of my Lumia 520 (Amber) prepaid handsets has started to behave poorly with picture messaging. I am on the $15 base plan and have 1GB data booster with tons of data available.

What seems to happen is that after a period of time, the phone starts providing errors that it cannot send picture images and to try again. And if I try sending a picture to the handset which cannot send it does not receive either.

Once this happens, the only way to restore picture messaging is to turn flight mode on and off which seems to magically cause things to flow again. However, after a period of time, it will stop again.

I have checked to make sure there are no stalled pictures in any of the conversations and also removed the battery and SIM card to no avail.

Is this something that Koodo needs to reset on their end?
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 2,366 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,208 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Chris,

I would recommend to turn off your device and pull the battery out for few seconds, then try to compose an message and add a picture to check if you are able to send and receive picture messages.

If you still need help, please call our Tech Support at 1-866-995-6636 free of charge from a landline. A representative will look into it.

Our hours of operation are:
Monday – Friday: 9am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pm

We look forward to assisting you.

If you see a good answer, give it a star.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.