Positive Tab balance & new phone - pay difference up front?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

I have a +140 Tab balance, and would like to get a Nexus 4. However, I would like to pay off the remainder of the cost of the phone right away. Is this possible? I have an older plan which I don't want to give up (Canadawide Super 6gb) and my Tab plan is considered a Small, which I'd also like to stick with.
Photo of RandMcNally

RandMcNally

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can pay the remainder up front. You don't have to use your entire tab amount.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 116,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How much is your plan?
If you have a (positive) +140 and want to get Nexus 4 ($300)

Tab S : $300 - (140 + 150) = $10
You pay $10 up front and start a new tab with (negative) -150.

Tab M( if your plan is $30 or more) : $300- 140 = 160
You pay $0 and start a new tab with (negative) -160

You get Koodo’s Monthly Tab Contribution of 15% of your bill.
Your MonthlyTab Contribution is $5 if you choose Tab M
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just to add to this already spot on explanation: the only way to pay off your tab is cancel your service and pay your last bill. Koodo pays your tab otherwise each month.
Photo of RandMcNally

RandMcNally

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I ended up buying it today. I put my entire Tab balance towards my phone plus the $178 difference (I don't know, I like owning the phone outright). Now I'm at 0. Plus, I was switched to 15% Tab accumulation instead of 10% while retaining my plan. So that was cool and pretty painless.

I highly recommend the phone. This thing is smooth as butter, and quick!
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yup the nexus 4 is one of th best pieces of hardware for the $300 that Koodo sells it for. I had one for a while and I was really impressed with how well it ran.
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Does that you mean you went on the Tab M or Tab L? If that's true, then does that mean you pay the $5 or the $10 monthly fee for the tab accumulation?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.