Positive Tab

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I received a text yesterday, saying the positive tab is being retired, but that it is being converted to a $150 credit towards a new phone, as this was the max value for the positive tab. It does not however, appear that I am able to purchase a phone outright and receive this credit. Is that the case? I was able to apply the positive tab towards this before. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have bought a phone while I had my positive tab still. I have zero interest in getting a phone on contract and zero interest in even staying with Koodo now.
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 70 Points

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So what held you back up to this point already being maxed oit?

It's not a contract. Koodo doesn't even do what Fido does and keep a ridiculously inflated MRSP to count your tab /24 months to basically sneak in old contract cancellation penalties. Phones are even usually a little cheaper on tab. You get 240/360 off on small / medium tab towards a phone and that's it. You can even pay off the remaining balance that's exactly always up to 240/360 after 90 days and you're good to go. May as well sell it if you aren't interested in Koodo 's phone options so you at least get the money.
Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,482 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
That's why they do that. I was wondering why certain carriers have higher MSRP on devices. It's a way to smoke screen the old fees they can't charge any more.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,650 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We just gave you a hundred dollars towards the purchase of a new phone Matt. Something you didn't have before. 
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.