Porting to Koodo from PM

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: P2K migration

Hi Koodo Community!

I'm quite new here from Public Mobile and I was wondering if anyone had some answers to some of my questions.

I've ported my number over successfully with no problems in store and I've also referred my family members who were also on Public Mobile online with the same plan (the recent Koodo promotion for PM members). However, their Public Mobile plan expires at the end of this week. I was kind of hoping that the sims for my family members would arrive before then but these questions are more related to if they don't arrive on time.

1. If I change their Public Mobile plans to keep their lines active would Koodo still honour the promotion? (Currently our plan is prepaid for 3 months with no refunds) I would switch it to a 30-day plan temporarily until I receive the sims for them.
  2. Would I be able to go to a Koodo store instead to pick up a sim instead of waiting for the order to go through at the end of this week. Would they be able to transfer the sim cost from the online order to the store but still honour the promotion?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Photo of scrapiron

scrapiron

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 36,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi scrapiron,
1. I think it should be okay even if you don't top up PM (but I am not a PM customer, then I am not 100%sure). If your PM number was in an inactive mode, you might need to call/message Koodo support team to do the porting. I wouldn't change the plan in PM, it might create more troubles.
2. You could do the activation in store with the PM migration promotion. If you cancel the online order, you could get the SIM fee refund online. I don't think you could get a SIM fee transfer from your online order to the local kiosk.
(Edited)
Photo of scrapiron

scrapiron

Thanks for the reply Dinh, I think I will wait until Tuesday to see if it ships. If not, I might do what you said and cancel it to go in store (promotion ends on Thursday 15th)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,702 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I was going to do it online today but was told by Koodo it will take 10 days so chances are you'll need to go do it in store.
Photo of scrapiron

scrapiron

I'm trying to cancel the online sim orders so I can go in store to switch them but its appearing that I will never reach them. Calls get dropped after 2min since they're overloaded and I doubt that the webstore email will get back to me anytime soon.
Photo of Jeff O.

Jeff O.

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I emailed the webstore last night to cancel my SIM card order and had an answer waiting for me this morning. They successfully cancelled it. Try the email. :-)

I'm sticking with Public Mobile for the time being until a similar deal re-appears or they shut my account down. It seems that things got out of control for Koodo and they couldn't quite handle the volume. Better luck next time?
(Edited)
Photo of scrapiron

scrapiron

Thanks Jeff, that is reassuring to hear that they replied the next day. I actually just transferred my family over in-store and I'm just going to hope that the refund for the online order goes through.

Yea it seems like a huge mess right now. I hope you end up getting a good deal in the future. if I looked back at what everyone was going through right now, I might have changed my mind about switching.
Photo of Jeff O.

Jeff O.

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
To be honest, I was / am a bit miffed about pulling the $100 referral credit as well as the delivery delay, both of which took place as I was waiting for my SIM to arrive. Sort of felt that they moved the goalposts after I already kicked the ball.

To their credit, however, the sign up process was fantastic and Koodo customer support has been very good. I guess we'll see what the future holds. I'm hoping that they just leave the folks on Public Mobile alone for a few years, but that's probably the "best case" scenario. It seems for that brand that the writing's on the wall.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.