Porting not able to get incoming only outgoing. Outgoing is showing ported number and got a text from koodo port complete

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Ported from rogers ( approximately 12-16 hrs ago) . The koodo mobile app now shows my ported number and i can make outgoing calls n texts. However I dont get any incoming texts or calls. I then returned my Rogers sim and the Rogers sim still works. I called rogers and they said the account is still active. does it really take this long or something is not right. I also got a text from Koodo saying my porting has completed.
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Daniel

Daniel, Employee

• 5,714 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jordan! When you port-in a number it usually takes a few hours but there can be extra delays especially if you're porting in a landline. When there is a longer delay, which can last a maximum of a few days, some of your services may still stay with your old service provider for that time. This is what we call "Mixed Services". 

I hope that since December 2nd, the port was completed and I would like to apologize for not having answered your question earlier.

Please keep us posted, if you are still waiting for the port to be completed. 

Thank you :)