Porated charges on my airtime minutes with 1000min/month plan

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,I am new with Koodo (bring your own phone) and have taken the 40$ plan which had an offer of 1000min/month .Now I see the airtime minutes are charged from my account
Photo of Robie

Robie

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Those 1000 minutes were only for international calls, not local. The only calls that those minutes apply to are to the following countries:

India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And only the long distance charges - you still need enough minutes in your base plan to make the calls, either daytime minutes or during free evenings & weekends.
Photo of Robie

Robie

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I took the new plan and billing cycle started from Sep 29 to Oct 7,+ Oct 7 to Nov 7 so its 40+12S=52$ is what the lady told me at the Kiosk while taking the plan, while she said 1000min/month and I see its charging me every call i made ?
What is day time minutes?please explain 
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Daytime minutes are those you use between 8 am and 5 pm. On a $40 plan you either have 500 minutes and 500MB of data OR unlimited minutes and pay-per-use data. Every call you make consumes minutes from your plan. These minutes may be part of your 500 or unlimited daytime minutes OR your unlimited evening & weekend minutes. The 1000 long distance minutes means you do not pay the additional charge for international long distance when calling the listed countries. 

So yes, you will be charged for every call you make, but only the local connection portion, not the international portion.