Please help!

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Please help...I need the cheapest prepaid local call/text only (no data) plan for two previously owned cell phones. I am confused with the base plans...does the $15 base plan cover local calling and you have to buy a booster for unlimited text?
Photo of Christine Ryan

Christine Ryan

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,022 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
15$ is for unlimited text. You need a booster for calling

Or you can choose a bigger base plan that includes text and calling

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-p...
(Edited)
Photo of Christine Ryan

Christine Ryan

Ok...so interested in the $15 unlimited text + $5 (25 + 25) anytime talk minutes for 2 bring your own phones will cost approximately $50 monthly, right? I know...I am asking such a simple-minded question.
Photo of Christine Ryan

Christine Ryan

One last question...lol...as I won't be purchasing a data booster, if there is free WiFi available around me...is that free or will it cost?
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 88,942 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Free Wi-Fi is free, but not always available in the manner you think. Check at the places you would go.

You also have not indicated how many talk minutes you expect to use in a month. If a small number, there may be less expensive options available to you.
Photo of Christine Ryan

Christine Ryan

Was just going to purchase the $5 talk booster only. 25 minutes is more than I would need for 30 days.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 61,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Each phone on prepaid is considered a separate account and will have its own self-serve log-in. Minutes, etc can't be transferred from one to another. You can currently buy a Canada-wide booster talk add on for $25 per phone that will give you 1000 minutes or $10 for 200 minutes. The unused minutes carry over as long as you keep your base-plan active.  By using automatic top-ups, you will also earn a credit of 10% on your baseplan. One year of prepaid will thus cost you $162 + minutes + tax for each phone.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 61,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Each phone on prepaid is considered a separate account and will have its own self-serve log-in. Minutes, etc can't be transferred from one to another. You can currently buy a Canada-wide booster talk add on for $25 per phone that will give you 1000 minutes or $10 for 200 minutes. The unused minutes carry over as long as you keep your base-plan active.  By using automatic top-ups, you will also earn a credit of 10% on your baseplan. One year of prepaid will thus cost you $162 + minutes + tax for each phone.