Phone problem

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I started a 2 year contract with koodo back in December 2012. The phone that I got was Samsung Ace 2 which was a terrible choice btw. The phone was slow after a few months and now its been 2 weeks that the phone dies while it is 90% charged. I have to always have it plugged in when I wanna talk so it won't just randomly disconnect while I am talking to somebody. Would I be able to get another phone?
Photo of mohammad eftekhar

mohammad eftekhar

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There's nothing preventing you from getting another phone. Your tab should be clear next month if you signed up in December '12. But you don't have to wait for that. You likely owe less than $10 on your tab, so clearing that won't be much of an expense.
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ivan, just a heads up, the 24-months rule concerning the Tab is effective since December 2013 and is not retroactive :) Thank you!

mohammad eftekhar

I just checked and its 50. I don't understand why
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mohammad, Koodo is contributing 10% of your monthly bill on your Tab, which can explain why it currently stands at 50$. If you wish, you can pay it off online via Self Serve ("Koodo Tab" tab) or directly in store upon your upgrade. Thank you!

mohammad eftekhar

So if I wait until December 12, I wont have to pay a thing for the phone and if I do it now, I will have to pay the whole 50 dollars?

mohammad eftekhar

Thank you by the way
Photo of Khaleila

Khaleila

• 4,102 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hey Mohammad, you'll still have a Koodo Tab in December, it will just be a lesser amount than the $50. What Yannick meant was you have the choice of paying off your current Koodo Tab ( the whole $50 plus taxes) in order to use a new Koodo Tab :).

mohammad eftekhar

Thank you. Yeah I know that I have that choice but I thought that if I wait until the 2 year contract is done then the phone is mine and whatever is left of the tab will be cleared. At least I know that this is how it is for Wind phones. I really had a bad experience with this phone and it wont be fair to make me pay the rest of the tab after the 2 year mark.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 69,448 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Buy a replacement battery on-line?

Should cost about $20 shipped from Amazon or other accessory suppliers and extend the life of your phone at least 6 months.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.