phone calls not connecting through fully Samsung s6 edge with Koodo carrier

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
when I try to call someone the phone doesn't ring on my end and then it makes a beeping sound and then silence. when my friend calls me I answer the phone say hello and she says she can't hear me and I can't hear her. what is wrong? I'm with Koodo
Photo of Alysa Portillo

Alysa Portillo

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • stressed

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,756 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try pulling out your Sim card, putting it back in, and restarting your phone. If it still does the same try your Sim card in another phone and see if the problem follows. Let us know.
Photo of Alysa Portillo

Alysa Portillo

I did all that already, it isn't working in this phone works fine in other phones but not my Samsungt
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,756 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then it's likely the phone itself. Does it also not work with someone else's sim card in it? You can try resetting network settings in settings, backup and reset and if that doesn't work you might have to factory reset your phone (make sure to back up your info) via recovery mode to see if that fixes it. There's more advanced things tht you can do past that with Odin but one step at a time.

Have you had your phone for over a year?
(Edited)
Photo of Alysa Portillo

Alysa Portillo

i just got this phone 3 days ago and everything else is working perfectly fine i just cant get the phone calling to work also a question about factory resetting does that affect what android version type my phone is, it is a 7 android version but the device status says custom...
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,496 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alysa,

Where did you see the custom android message? If it is in About phone -> software info, then your device might have a custom ROM. Your problem could be from there, a custom ROM wasn't warranted by manufactures and carriers.

However, a factory reset will properly not change the version of your android.
Photo of Alysa Portillo

Alysa Portillo

so the custom message is under software info, like you said so if I do a factory reset what will happen with the custom issue, what will be different. I had somone download a secure firmware folder on the phone before I recieved the phone. so what is going to happen if I do the factory reset?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,496 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you do a factory reset, the data will be deleted and your phone will be set back to its factory default (your custom ROM default)

However,as it wasn't tested by Samsung and carriers. You will be on your own if the phone has issues with resetting.
(Edited)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,990 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you need a stock factory firmware image, head over to Sammobile and download the latest firmware for your device. Make absolutely certain that the model number of your device matches. For the Canadian variant S6 Edge, the model number is SM-G925W8. Instructions on how to download and use Odin appear further down the page, (see link below).

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s6-edge/SM-G925W8/KDO/download/G925W8VLS5DQK1/196231/

In past experiences, I've had to un-root the phone prior to flashing the stock firmware image on to the device. In most cases, the custom recovery gets overwritten by the stock recovery which is included in the factory firmware image. The bootloader will remain unlocked. There's no point in re-locking the bootloader because a) you can still install the factory firmware image without issue and b) the phone is no longer under warranty once the bootloader is unlocked. Good luck!