Paying off tab

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
No one answers when I ask a question here but as the eternal optomist I'm going to try again.  I wish to pay off my Medium Tab balance of 258.00 but I just paid my monthly bill of 78.69 a few minutes ago and when I tried to pay off tab it seemed that I would have had to pay it with my phone bill.  My question is if I pay the $258 separately now will they accept it. Would so appreciate an imminent answer as I wish to take care of this now.
Photo of Lynda

Lynda

• 510 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Lynda,

If you pay off your tab, it will be added on your next bill. If you pay in advance the charges should reflect on your next bill as well.
(Edited)
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lynda! Robert is right, your Tab will be added on to your next bill and any payment that you make until then will be reflected on the bill. Just to let you know, you will not be able to overpay your account through credit card; however, you can definitely transfer the funds to your account through online banking.  Keep in mind that you will be billed the Tab + taxes. Hope this helps!
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,644 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Questions is why you are so keen to payoff an interest free loan? Wouldn't it be better to keep your money working for you? 
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,912 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

There could be several reasons why OP would want to pay off their tab sooner, but like you said, it's an interest-free loan. So unless there's any plan to port out to another carrier, cancel the line later or do an early upgrade, there's likely no real benefit to paying off the tab sooner.

The only other reason I can think of is if the customer will be moving to a province with higher sales tax (say moving from AB to BC), plans on changing their number and rather buy-out the tab at a lower tax percentile.

Photo of Lynda

Lynda

• 510 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure if this question is being asked of me or someone else but if it's me...the reason I'm paying it off is because interest free or not I'm not a bill carrying person.  I'm from the old school where you purchase something only when you can afford it. Don't like owing money to anyone. Hope this clears up my motivation.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,644 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Fair enough Lynda. Understood. Thanks for the insight!