Online Booster Purchase Not Processing Through Online Account

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I currently have a Galaxy S5. I have been with Koodo since March 2018 and setup automatic credit card payments for my Base prepaid plan for texting. When I first setup my account I initially purchased a Talk Booster for 100 minutes. I do not use voice all that much but now I need to Top Up my Talk Booster. I follow the process to setup the purchase for the Talk Booster with my registered credit card on my online account, however when I hit the black Top Up button to have Koodo's online system process the purchase nothing occurs. I emailed Koodo 48 hours ago to make them aware of the issue, possibly on their end, as my credit card has plenty of credit and their system seems to have no problem deducting from my credit card monthly for my Base Plan. I haven't received a response from Koodo within the time frame they indicated they would answer my email and I would like to be able to make calls just in case I go into labor, as today is my due date to have my baby and I have very little options to connect with my husband or parents if this were to happen. Has anyone encountered this issue where they have a registered credit card on their online Koodo account but the system will not process a Booster Top Up? This issue does not have to do with my internet connection/computer/ipad (I have double checked them all with my husband who is a computer engineer).
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 70 Points
  • frustrated and upset

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 33,324 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ashley,
I read somewhere, you would have to pay by other mean (not automatic payment) for the 1st bill, then the automatic top-up will kick in. I would check the account regularly before it expires in case the system doesn't work, and top up by other means. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/topping-your-prepaid-account
You could also send a message to Koodo facebook and ask them to look into your account payment and see if there is some issue there.
(Edited)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 62,208 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The on-line system for topping up and buying boosters has had its ups and downs in the last few months. My strong recommendation is that once your credit card has been established, use the *611 system on your phone. It's a little less sophisticated, but it does seem tapped in more directly and you do get confirmation right away.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,406 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As for email, they haven't been responsive within the time said in quite some time. Stuck with the phone auto top up as Bob said and if you have an issue feel free to message back here or send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter and they'll respond quicker than the email option.