okay well i rebooted my phone because it wouldnt turn on and now it shows downloading taget do not turn off and its been like that for hr

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
what should I do that green robot guys on my phone and it says downloading please do no turn off phone ehhh
Photo of Chrissy Martens

Chrissy Martens

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Matthew Hill

Matthew Hill

• 3,102 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
What kind of phone do you have?

It could just be a system update!
Photo of quasarito

quasarito

• 9,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
A little more information is needed:
What is the model of your Android phone?
Are you seeing a green robot with its chest open and a rotating tetrahedral structure inside after you have restarted your phone?
Or did your phone notify you of an update that is available and you had the phone apply the update?
Photo of tummysink

tummysink

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Its from holding down a select combination of buttons, pull your battery and put it back in to restart it.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 196,886 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
NO DON'T !!!! , if it's actually downloading and applying an update to OS and you do that in the middle of it you'll screw your phone up and have to send it in for repair unless you know how to root and ROM it yourself.
It wouldn't be downloading anything from holding down the button combo it would just give you a list of options and if it is this just select cancel by moving up or down with the volume buttons and selecting cancel by tapping the power button.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,850 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Tummysink is correct. The phone was simply placed in download mode by accident by pressing the volume up button and power button simultaneously, quite easy to do on some devices. The list of options appear when you enter into the Android recovery utility and in most cases, requires a three button combination. Battery removal is the simplest solution.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

How does that download anything, the OP said it was downloading something not just the recovery options?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 138,772 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Paul, when you boot the phone into download mode, first you see this screen:

If you choose to continue, you get this screen:

Same screen whether you actually start sending it a file or not.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Ohhhh I've never selected continue so I had no idea it downloaded anything or made it looked like it was, my bad. Thanks for the new knowledge guys I would have never guessed it would have said downloading if it wasn't downloading anything. Man is my face red :-/ I really have to start screwing around with rooting and flashing ROM's and such. Thanks again for the great explanation Timo I really appreciate it :-)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,850 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No problem Paul and to add, I believe this is what you were referring to earlier:

Stock Android Recovery Utility

CWM-based recovery utility

Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 196,906 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I thought this is the screen they were talking about of the update installing with the robot like they described & the progress bar (not on this exact shot, didn't have one that showed the bar) some might think is something downloading, and right before this it says not to turn off or unplug the device until the process is complete.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.