Offer perks to EXISTING customers. ($100 prepaid bonus to new customers only?)

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not Planned
I wish sometimes I would have waited a year to switch to Koodo... because if I had waited, I could have got the $100 bonus per-paid card. I was very disappointed. just because I'm an existing customer, if I get a new phone I can't have it? I'm already a loyal customer... I shouldn't have to be a new customer to be able to get cool new offers
Photo of Amber Delisle

Amber Delisle

• 1,048 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes

• 5,004 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You're with Koodo because you enjoy the service they offer. Why would you need anything more?
Photo of Ahmad

• 96,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It sucks that at the specific time you signed up, it wasn't offered. However, Koodo has always offered these bonuses and when you were a new customer, you had the opportunity to take advantage of any offer that was available at that time. Just like I did and the next person. No offers when you signed up? Can't really blame Koodo for that
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Mobile Shop was offering all customers upgrading their phone with Koodo a minimum $50 GC (some came with $100) a few months ago. New activations still had some GCs, but the focus was upgrading. We even had custom sweatshirts made for us that said "Your upgrade destination" and Telus/Koodo logos on the arms. I posted it here in the community and everything. Not many people paid attention to it. :(

I know you're prepaid and not postpaid but hey, there was something offered for existing customers which normally doesn't happen.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,438 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Offering special promos to attract new customers is a legit business practice in my opinion. That being said, never offering something like that to existing customers is a bad idea in my opinion. To me, this sends a message that once you're a customer, you're far less important than a potential customer.

Offering these special perks to existing customers every once in a while (no need to match every single promotion) would foster greater loyalty. Honestly, if I'm looking to upgrade and Koodo won't give me the promo because I already have an account then I'm very likely to shop around and go with whoever gives me the best deal. It's not like Virgin/Fido have drastically different plans/prices.
Photo of Erwin

• 23,436 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could open another line under your account if you really want the 100$ bonus gift.
Photo of Ahmad

• 96,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Smh x2
Photo of Courtenay Watson

Courtenay Watson

• 88 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I signed up when there was a $75 visa gc offer. I still haven't received it!?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.