October 2017: Is there a backlog to clear Friend Referral requests?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
A friend referred me and Friday I obtained a new plan and phone number. I assume the Koodo rep entered the correct email addy used for the referral.

When I got home I applied for the referral. However, it's still in the "verifying" queue.  Is this normal?  I want to port my cell number over to Koodo but I am reluctant to do so unless I am certain the referral will be verified.

Any thoughts?
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

• 1,004 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I think it's verifying because it waits for you to pout the information. After it will become pending for aprooval or something like this.
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

what information? I used the link and entered the phone number and email address.what else should I be doing?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,452 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
you are suppose to use the link the your friend gave you to enter your email prior to activation.  if you did that you should be good.

Here are the refer a friend rules
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

Yes, that's what I did. I clicked on my friends link.

I have experienced things being "stuck" in general when processes should be automated. Typically, nless a human becomes involved it will stay in lala land forever. 
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The waiting time is 4-8 weeks if conditions are met (i.e. your accounts of both are still active and steps were followed) https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

I think you're confused on what I am asking. 

I am not concerned at this time when I get the credit, I am worried that my request is in limbo.

I reached out to my friend who sent out several referrals recently and he said that both he and his other friends got the "approved" status within a few hours to 24 hours max.
(Edited)
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Azure, once both party's have finished the required portions, the status changes to approved. From there, then it is 4-8 weeks of waiting for the credit. It may not say this officially in the rules but that is how it goes. The lack of approved tells you that the customers havent done their part of the referral yet.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 31,046 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@allan: I hope you read my post. I never said they didn't read approved :) What I said was, Koodo didn't write  when they had to.
(Edited)
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
"they don't have to answer if the offer is "approved" or not." I took it that way, maybe it was just too early in the morning. Just wanted to make sure you knew! :)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 31,046 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Allan, ofc I knew, good morning btw.
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

The lack of approved tells you that the customers havent done their part of the referral yet.

@Allan...not true. In my case, there was just a delay in the first step (verification process).  The verification process is either approved or denied. 
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

I just noticed something which might have screwed up the referral.

As the person being referred, there are three things you need to do:

1. Redeem the offer (by entering your name and email address into the referral system) before you activate your service with Koodo. 
  2. Then buy a phone or SIM card and activate on a postpaid rate plan.
  3. After activation, your need to come back to the referral system and provide your new and active Koodo phone number.
I was not given the option (1) to enter my name and email before I activate service. The only option was to enter my email address and new phone number from the refer's link.  
(Edited)
Photo of Dwayne_888

Dwayne_888

Just an update. The Friend Referral verification process completed later this evening.