Note 7 SM 930FD

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered

I am about to order a Note 7 from a US retailer via eBay. First off when it comes to phones and networks I'm a complete noob.

My questions are would this phone be compatible with Koodo or Canadian wireless carriersand will I run into any problems using this phone in Canada? This line worries me from the eBay seller discrimination;

- Our items are International and work with GSM networks only.
(Do not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon, Sprint, Boost...)

Any help would be appreciated thank you

Photo of nikko tuason

nikko tuason

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • noob, lost, confused, dontwanttogetscrewed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 83,356 Points 50k badge 2x thumb will tell you exactly if it'll work or not for practically any phone. In the description it is 3g pentaband and has a large number of lte bands. You're looking for 850/1900 for 3G and 1700/2100 for LTE mainly, and secondarily 2600. It will work for both 3g and LTE. Out of curiosity, do you really want the colour ? It's over 100 dollars more than getting it from Koodo and even more from Samsung directly as well. It's 1050 for blacj/blue/silver via Samsung and you can take advantage of the trade in promo. For 200 off with any "mobile device." now that's over 300 dollars in price difference.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,412 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Samsung SM-N930FD Galaxy Note 7 Duos TD-LTE supports 4 GSM bands, 7 UMTS bands, and 20 LTE bands. Koodo operates on frequency bands 5 and 2 for UMTS and band 4 for LTE. Bands are often written in this format; B5, B2 & B4 and translate into the frequencies Goran mentioned. From what I'm reading, this phone should be compatible with Koodo. didn't have a listing for this variant of Note 7.

Perhaps it's the dual-SIM functionality Nikko is after which could explain why the phone is priced higher.
Photo of nikko tuason

nikko tuason

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I do really really like the colour 'Platinum Gold' more than the american colours but Rikkster is correct the dual SIM is whats gravitating me to this specific model.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,438 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Personally, I don't find dual-SIM phones all that useful in Canada due to our prices, but I can see how that feature would be useful while travelling.

Please note that you'll likely pay $146 + brokerage in duties if living in Ontario: