Not registered on network

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Just recieved a certified pre owned a5 ordered online. With the sim card provided I can't send texts and dialling out says "not registered on network" Airplane mode is not on, tried updating software, restarted and reinserted sim card. Nothing. In settings under network operators when I search networks I just get the spinning loading icon and nothing happens.
Photo of Isaac

Isaac

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 57,126 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Was this a phone upgrade/did you previously have another sim card? If so just use the old one as the sim that came with the phone needs to be activated by contacting Koodo still.

If this is your first phone/sim from Koodo then it likely got shipped to you before the activation was complete and you can either wait or contact Koodo to help you activate it.
(Edited)
Photo of Isaac

Isaac

This is an upgrade. I had a G3 before this but it has a larger l sim card that doesn't fit. Guess i will have to go to the store
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you not have access to a computer for Facebook?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 186,618 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Dont you still have your old G3 and the old sim?  It should still work until you swap your sim
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 11,260 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You should just call as it should be quicker. I know the self serve Sim activation has been disabled. My whole point in you mentioning to them that you should be able to do it through self serve is that they might bring that feature back one day.
Photo of Isaac

Isaac

I do still have the g3 but it is bricked because of the motherboard issues. I rarely use Facebook and the g3 was the only place I had been signed in any time recently so no matter where I would have signed in it would say it was a new sign in location and would require me to enter a texted code. Anyways, I called in, the fee was waved and I get to enjoy my a5 now. Thanks again guys.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 186,618 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And this is why I am not a fan of two-factor authentication.
Imagine you moved and changed your number and forgot.  you would be locked out of so many services