Not Receiving Text Messages

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hello,
I first noticed this a few months ago where I did not receive a text message. I brushed it off thinking it was an issue with the other party. But this morning, I had a colleague ask me why I didn't respond to his text message, which was sent a few days earlier. I did not receive said text message. We tried a test this morning and I was able to receive two of his three text messages. He is with Bell Canada. My phone is the Galaxy s5. I have not installed or uninstalled any apps during the time period in which the problem started. I have never used an iphone. It makes me wonder how many text messages I have missed. I just inquired with another person and have missed a text message from him. I called koodo and they said that my sim card was dirty but if that's the case, wouldn't none text message get to me?
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,006 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
So are you using an iphone or android?  Is your friend using android or iphone? 
Photo of Michael

Michael

I'm using the galaxy s5. Colleagues and friends are using iphone and blackberry.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 194,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Does this happen with any other friends?  What network are they with?
Photo of Michael

Michael

So far I have not received text messages from four different people. They are with Bell, Virgin, and Rogers.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 194,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
ok.  Try your sim in a different phone and see if the same issue occurs.  Or try another sim in your phone and see if the same issue occurs.

If that is not possible, then yeah try to get a new sim and see if that solves the problem.  I just did some local texts and everything is sending and receiving on my end.
Photo of Michael

Michael

Cool. Will try that. Thanks bud.
Photo of Lisa Dew

Lisa Dew

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Were you able to resolve your problem? I've restarted my phone as it doesn't often die and then it's good for a few weeks then it will receive texts up to 12 hrs later or miss calls and not notify me. I Google this issue and apparently it's to do with wifi and sleep mode. It said to turn off wifi when in sleep mode to resolve issue but I'm not risking running out of data for this ot shouldn't me the answer.