Nokia Lumia 920 with Koodo?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I was wondering if Koodo will eventually offer the Nokia Lumia 920? There aren't any Nokia phone right now so will the Lumia 920 make it?
Photo of Kat Dou

Kat Dou

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,580 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I belive they are going to carry the 620 soon, well that's what I've heard. They may also be carrying the HTC 8S if it's a Windows device your looking for in general. Keep an Eye on their Facebook page.
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,234 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately Rogers has an exclusive on the 920 in Canada. You can always get one and unlock it. That is what I had to do
Photo of David Canema

David Canema

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
H1 Boolanger. Can you send and receive MMS fine from other non-Koodo members with your unlocked 920? I cannot receive any MMS on my unlocked 8x if it's been sent from Rogers or Bell customers - no problem with other Koodo members. Thanks.
Photo of David Canema

David Canema

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
HTC also has a network setup APP... and it lists every carrier available...except Koodo. The reason must be because Koodo doesn't carry any HTC windows Phones. Hopefully that will change soon.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
David, delete the APN you entered manually. Then, go to this site: http://julip.co/2012/12/lumia-810-cha...

Scan the QR with Bing Vision (the little eyeball in the Search app). This will take you to an app not available in Canada. Once you install this, it should add an "access point" option in your settings. It'll scan your SIM and only Telus and Koodo should come up.

This solved my tethering issues so in theory it should work on MMS.
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

or instead of scanning just go to this link on your phone which will redirect yo uto the store. But I don't think it will work on non nokia devices.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/sto...
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No, the QR code is the only way to get to the app. That link did not work for me on the Lumia 920.
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

I got the app for the link on my 920
Photo of MaX Damage

MaX Damage

• 890 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just sold my Lumia 800 and I was impressed with OS and the 920 would be a great addition to the Koodo line up but I doubt it will happen, the 620 is more likely to show up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.