Nokia Lumia 920 AT&T

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is the LTE on the AT&T Lumia 920 compatible with Koodo/Telus network once it is unlocked. Want to snatch one off Ebay but want to make sure first. Can someone confirm this. Thanks
Photo of ,Sunny Kong

,Sunny Kong

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It should be. Generally Koodo gets the same version of phones as AT&T does (iPhone 5 for example) and the LTE works. I haven't been able to find online reliable source for what frequency Koodo's LTE works with to compare it with the phone specs, but just based off what I know about the iPhone, and the fact that Koodo phones roam on AT&T in the states I would say an AT&T phone is your best bet if you want to import a phone and have LTE work.
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,458 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
AT&T Nokia 920 4G with Windows 8, it supports GSM frequencies 1900, 1800, 900, 850, UMTS/HSPA. Koodo 4G/LTE supports same frequencies as AT&T 850/1900 MHZ
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,234 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It will work for you. when you get the 920 make sure to get the access point app as this will configure data/MMS APN info for you. without it you will likely run into MMS issues.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c...
Photo of ,Sunny Kong

,Sunny Kong

I installed the access point app, selected koodo operator but nothing seems to be working. Did I miss a step or something? Thanks
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,234 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Well since the last access point update the app has been pretty much broken for me and from the reviews on the app a good amount of other people as well.

It just crashes for me when it is activating a carrier. When you go into access point does it have Koodo as active ?

If it isn't activating a carrier you will have to hope Nokia fixes it. Which they should the app has been pretty well supported so far.
Photo of MarcusG

MarcusG

• 5,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You did say once it's unlocked...is it?
Photo of ,Sunny Kong

,Sunny Kong

Yes it is. I called AT&T, got the unlock code. I can make calls and SMS.
Photo of MarcusG

MarcusG

• 5,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sunny,

The rest is setup...for internet and mms
http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-kood...
Photo of marriage

marriage

• 60 Points
Yes ! ofcourse ! if you unlcok your Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T , it can be compatible with koodo/telus network . If you want to unlcok your Nokia, use unlock code . You can get code from your carrier and get unlocking instructions from http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/noki... to unlock it .
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.