Nokia 610 - Neat Little Windows Phone

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

In January, I obtained a Nokia 610. I was extremely hesitant to switch over to it because I love my Nexus S phone and I'm big on Android phones. My Nexus S phone is becoming dated and the low ram amount(350mb roughly) is starting to take it's toll. So yesterday, I decided to purchase a micro-sim card and make the switch.

Aside from getting used to the layout, the phone has impressed me. For what it is, it's very simple and easy to navigate. The social networking options on the phone is nice and the app selection isn't half bad.

Overall, I'm quite happy with this phone and will stick with it for a bit, at least until I purchase the Samsung Galaxy S2X.
Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Imagine how much you'd like the new generation of WP devices. I still use my Lumia 800 from time to time - love that phone, especially after the WP7.8 update.
Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

• 71,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm attempting to manually flash 7.8 to my 610 right now
*fingers crossed*
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How'd it go? I'm getting a bit sick of waiting for the official update for mine...
Photo of John Burke

Went well, though needed my unlock code I had previously purchased.
Photo of Bob Bourgeois

Bob Bourgeois

• 60 Points
When will the 7.8 update for the Lumia 610 be available. My phone still says no updates found.
Photo of John Burke

I did mine manually here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt...
Including download time, installing drivers & flashing, the whole process was surprisingly fast at under 30mins!

Keep in mind though that since there's no official release for Koodo yet those are from other regions so will be locked to specific other carriers. To get around the lock, I entered the code I had bought last year to unlock it from Koodo. It works for the life of the device since it's for the IMEI # so any version you install it'll work.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.