nokia 520 shutting down

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

3 MONTH OLD nokia 520 shutting down. I have had in for repair twice in last month but still has same problem.Koodo wants me to send in again.they were absolutely no help when i called....none!!
Photo of gary bulgin

gary bulgin

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 140,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ack! Sorry to hear that, Gary! What did you expect Koodo to help you with (other than repair your 520 again)?

I do agree with you that it's no fun having a phone repaired TWICE and then have the same problem :(
Photo of Steven

• 1,420 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Possibly try to get a new battery. Its the only thing that I can think of. You can receive a free one by contacting Koodo Customer service by calling 1-866-995-6636 from any phone or *611 from any Koodo Mobile phone.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is this something new? Free batteries?
Photo of Boolanger

• 9,234 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
From the looking around it seems like it might be an issue with the battery connectors.

Lumia 520 is frequently shutting down

This might void out the warranty if you mess things up, maybe point this out if you do send it in the next time.

If you do send it away and still have issues after the 3rd time you can likely get the device exchanged
Photo of gary bulgin

gary bulgin

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
going to send away one more time.I would expect Koodo to offer to replace after not being able to repair twice. .not an answer like "we can't do anything because it's a prepaid, so you need to bring back to the kiosh you purchased at". The phone is only 3 mths old...
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,384 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not saying that Koodo wouldn't do anything for you (you would most likely have to call in to see if they'll do anything) part of the problem here is Nokia is in charge of the warranty on the phone. Koodo is simply the middle man in this, and send your phone off to Nokia (or one of their authorized service centres) to be fixed.

In this Koodo is responsible for providing access to the network/service on your phone.

Again not saying Koodo won't do anything for you but a call to them is the best bet.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.