Nokia Lumia 930

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm looking to buy a Nokia Lumia 930 Unlocked on the internet since they are not available in Canada yet by carrier, is there possible for Koodo to support that phone?
Photo of MrCatou

MrCatou

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Benaam Badnaam

Benaam Badnaam

• 1,106 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
yes , frequencies are matching, this phone will work with koodo unless its a weird RM revision that only meant to be used with cricket in us or something .
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
LTE won't work well (if at all), but otherwise it's fine. Have you considered a Lumia Icon from Verizon at all? It's the same phone (and all of them are unlocked for use outside of US). If you can live with the Verizon branding, it can be had for less than the 930.
Photo of Gustavo Soares

Gustavo Soares

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Why won't "LTE work well (if at all)?"
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 7,754 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't have LTE band 4, which is what Telus/Koodo support.
Photo of Gustavo Soares

Gustavo Soares

what about band 1? isnt that supported by Koodo/Telus?

"800 (band 20), 900 (band 8), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz"
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Noki...

"As for LTE, you want 1700/2100"
http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Band 4 (1700/2100) is Koodo. Band 1 only has 2100, so it won't work.

Keep in mind that LTE isn't a must have. The coverage is much lower and the battery life takes a huge hit. When I buy phones, I don't care about LTE compatibility. My Lumia 830 is LTE-compatible with Koodo, but I keep LTE off to save battery. HSPA is fast enough for me.
Photo of Gustavo Soares

Gustavo Soares

that's too bad. i have the 830 and love it, but decided to buy the 930 because of the better specs. but didn't do my due diligence and look into the lte bands for the rm-1045 (international version). Oh well. I guess i really don't use LTE all that much anyways, since i'm always somewhere w wifi on Shaw Go Wifi or at home or work!
Thanks for the help Ivan! You da man!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.