nokia lumia 520 does not turn on

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
i just recently switched to a prepaid plan and now my nokia lumia 520 doesn't turn on. I've plugged it in for several hours and the phone kept making a beeping sound but the phone was not charging. Do I need to replace the battery? If so, where can I get one? I went to the same koodo store where I bought the cell phone and the clerk had no idea what is wrong with the phone.
Photo of Ann Dee

Ann Dee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of JP Deveau

JP Deveau

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes it must be a hardware issue.
I recommend asking Microsoft, they have very good support.

I have no issues with my Nokia Lumia 635
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If your Lumia 520 is charged and refusing to turn on, then please hold the VOLUME DOWN (-) button and the POWER/LOCK button until you feel the phone vibrate. The phone should reboot. Let us know if this fixes your issue.
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 43,998 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ann, if your phone is still under warranty, we'll be able to send it for repairs if needed. You'll find more info about the process on this link: http://koo.do/17fmAbU. Thank you!

Ann Dee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
the issue was fixed last night. i connected my phone to my laptop, installed something from Microsoft, then i held the volume - and power buttons until it vibrated. thank u
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,280 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome! Come back if you have any other issues.
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 43,998 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Great news, Ann! Have a good day :)
Photo of Sanath Wattegedara

Sanath Wattegedara

• 60 Points
phone is on but go to dial or press any icon its restart. phone hardware is not support. what can i do
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,890 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Could be a loose connection between the mainboard and the digitizer. A reputable cell phone repair shop in your neighbourhood might be able to take a look at it to find out what's wrong with your phone. How old is the battery? Does it hold a charge? Could be something as simple as replacing the battery. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-Battery-Nokia-Lithium-Ion-1430mAh/dp/B00EZG3OGW