No connection message on LG Nexus 4

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Why is the KOODO LG NEXUS 4 HSPA SMARTPHONE that I have for my nephew keep coming up No Connection when he try's to connect to the internet without having wifi from his home and other family members homes when he has 400MB a month???
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is the data turned on within the phone?

The symbol at the top of the phone would look like an H with arrows below it pointing up and down.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is the phone in airplane mode?

Did you set "use 2g networks only" or "use gsm only" in network settings? Koodo isn't compatible with those settings

Is you APN set to Koodo.sp?
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

I'm not to sure I got the phone for my Nephew for Christmas at kiosk in the mall, the girl said she set it all up and it was ready to go when she passed it over to us. I will have to phone and ask him I guess.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

The girl at Kiosk said everything was set up and ready to go when we got it.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Look at the phone...

Do you see that symbol I mentioned?
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

I am going to call my nephew to get him to look when I get home in 20mins or so. I'll write you back as soon as I get home and phone him, thanks a lot.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

No problem :)
Photo of B2theden

B2theden

• 2,626 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
As tyler said It is probably turned off in the phone settings go settings>data settings>and tap Mobile data there should be a check mark next to the word that says "mobile data" Now try doing searching something in the browser.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

Thanks B2theden I will phone my nephew as soon as I get home and walk him through the steps yourself and Tyler have told me to do. It was a Christmas gift to him. Thanks i'll get back to you soon.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

it has nothing that you are sayin it just says is data usage and in that it says mobile data on/off is what my nephew is telling me over the phone.
I told him to choose on. Am I right or wrong? Should I get him to turn that off again and when our snow storm tomorrow and Saturday goes go into the kiosk early next week and get them to check it?
Photo of B2theden

B2theden

Turn it on
Photo of B2theden

B2theden

and then test it in browser.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

So just turn it on like I told him to and leave it alone and he will have connection without wifi which we are paying for every month with in his package
Photo of B2theden

B2theden

Yes. that should work.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

If not, call Koodo with the phone in hand so tech support can troubleshoot the issue.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

Ok thanks everyone! I'll have to phone my nephew again later on when he comes in from out with his friends. I'll let you know how things turn out. Thanks again!!
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

Hey everyone just wondering can you pay your bill over the phone with Koodo or do you have to pay it through your bank account or your visa? Just wondering because im paying my nephews first months bill as part of his Christmas present.
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
yep you can pay over the phone for one time credit card payments :) :http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/b...
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

Is it credit card only or can it be debit visa too?
Photo of B2theden

B2theden

Visa is accepted.
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

thanks
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

or go to Kiosk which is a little inconvenient going all the way to the mall
Photo of Cathy

Cathy

Thanks everyone for all your help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.