No service

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I switched over from Telus on Wednesday, today I have no service all day.  This is my only phone and I rely on it for personal and as a work phone.  Who do I contact?  There is no information online or contact info.
Photo of Wendy Markowski

Wendy Markowski

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wendy,

Turn off the phone, remove it's SIM card and battery for five minutes. Put both back in the phone and try again. Let me know of the result!
Photo of Wendy Markowski

Wendy Markowski

I have an iPhone 4s.  As far as I know, I can't remove the battery.  As for the sim card, I do not have a tool and not sure what the result of that would be, as that has only been done once when I switched from Telus to Koodo.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wendy,

You can use a thumbtack or paperclip to pull out the SIM card. It's the number way to fix most phone issues. If you are unable to do that I'd be recommending a factory reset, so it might be worth taking out the SIM card first!
Photo of Wendy Markowski

Wendy Markowski

I removed the sim card and replaced, still no service.
Photo of Wendy Markowski

Wendy Markowski

Looks like I should have stayed with telus, koodo doesn't work.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,906 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you tried resetting network settings? To reset Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This process resets your current cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415
Photo of Wendy Markowski

Wendy Markowski

Your help is very much appreciated & it was successful.  My phone didn't work all day...Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.