Nexus 4 and the Q10

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

Wow what a day for Koodo announcing the Nexus 4 and the BlackBerry Q10 for those who want that physical keyboard. Let's just hope the Nexus 4 come in at price that's competitive. Koodo's lineup of devices is finally getting good and now we only need to see the HTC ONE, Come on Koodo just "One" more phone ;-)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,554 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of PZABOY

PZABOY

• 5,142 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Was there a set date for the Q10 ? That's exciting I think the Q 10 will win me back over to the bb family!
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Koodo hasn't released a date yet but they got the Z10 on the same day as everyone else, so I'm thinking they will with the Q10 as well. It's hitting Canada on the 29th and 30th depending what carrier. Hopefully the Z10 will get its first major update on the same day since the Q10 is running the newer version of BB10.
Photo of mattjs

mattjs

• 15,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Now if only Koodo would offer carrier billing and a native BB10 Self Serve app, then us Kood Blackberry users would be able to have the same experience Rogers customers do. Also, no release day is so lame, they pulled this same thing with the z10. How do you not know when you'll release a phone? And if it is the same day as everyone else, why not say it?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

What exactly would a native Self serve app do to make the app so much better?
Photo of thenixter

thenixter

• 1,406 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
From what I know about programming in general it'd probably make it match the design of the OS (think the holo design with Android) a bit faster and perhaps more stable (not sure how it is not on the Z10) but other than that not a lot haha.
Photo of mattjs

mattjs

• 15,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Don't get me wrong, the current Android port is 100% stable and functional, but that's besides the point. I want a self serve app that's optimized for my specific OS, and fits the characteristics of how that OS behaves. iOS and Android users have applications build specifically for their experiences, why should Blackberry be any different?
Photo of thenixter

thenixter

• 1,406 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Agreed completely! Hopefully it'll come soon! :)
Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey KID, looking for that "ONE" phone to rule them all? ;).
Photo of Paul Deschamps

You know it MykeC, The HTC ONE is a complete work of art

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.