Nexus 5 - $100 Gift Card

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hey there. I am wanting to get the Nexus 5 with the $100 gift card. Can someone tell me where this gift card is from or can be used? I see bestbuy had the same offer, but this week they have changed it to some bluetooth speaker. I was hoping to get the $100 bestbuy gift card and use it towards a new monitor as well. Anyone have any ideas? Im in Red Deer Alberta. Thanks
Photo of Brian A.

Brian A.

• 72 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's usually in the form of a prepaid credit card suck as visa or Mastercard
Photo of Hellothere

Hellothere

• 680 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
lol at that word
Photo of Hellothere

Hellothere

If you buy from a Koodo shop, it's a prepaid card (not a prepaid credit card ;)) that can be used anywhere that accepts MasterCard (or VISA, depending on which one they give you.)
If you buy from Best Buy, it's a Best Buy gift card, and can only be used at Best Buy.
Walmart > Walmart Gift Card
The Mobile Shop > PC Gift Card
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What's a visa? And what's a Mastercard? They are both credit cards and thus they would be prepaid credit cards ones a prepaid visa and the other is a prepaid Mastercard, they are both prepaid credit cards just not reloadable ones so I don't know why you have a problem with my answer.
Photo of Hellothere

Hellothere

LOL
MasterCard and VISA are not credit cards. It's because most of their business is in credit cards, people say VISA rather than "VISA Credit" (look, there is VISA Debit!).

Here are a few examples of how they are not called credit cards:

The Scotiabank® Prepaid Reloadable VISA* is a card that lets you...

Use Canada Post prepaid reloadable Visa card, prepaid Visa gift card, mobile top-ups and long-distance minutes.

Are RBC Visa Gift Cards credit cards?
While they look like credit cards, RBC Visa Gift Cards are actually prepaid/stored value cards.

Or you can simply go to VISA and MasterCard's websites and see which cards are actually called credit cards, and which are not:
http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/prepai...
http://www.mastercard.ca/prepaid-card...

There you go. They are not prepaid credit cards, they are just prepaid cards.
Also, prepaid and credit are two words that are like antonyms of each other.
Photo of Kakarot

Kakarot

• 1,194 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brian, the gift cards are usually used at the retailer discretion most of which opt for the preaid visa's or mastercard's but multi carrier outlets like best buy, walmart, mobile shops, etc... will use their own stores gift cards and some some retailers will offer you an in store credit with the gift cards. So I guess the best answer to your question would be that it all depends on where you get the phone. Hope this helps. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.