Newbie just starting out with first actual phone

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I am sitting here with my samsung galaxy acc ll, which I received a few days ago. The problem is I no nothing about these phones.
Now I have 2 assistive light boxes on the opening screening with google search bar below and other icons. How do I get the boxes off this particular and put the icons I want on here? Also my husband downloaded some music and its taking up to much space. So I need to know how to clear some of it.
Thank you.
I appreciate any positive feedback
Photo of Patti .

Patti .

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • happy

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Patti!

You can move icons around by first putting your finger on them and holding it. Phone will vibrate for an half second indicating you can now slide the icon around to wherever you like, or to the top of the screen in the trash to remove it. Try it :)

For music, the phone acts like a USB flash drive, simply plug it in and using any file manager, just drag and drop your music files on the phone. There's a music folder for your convenience (and neatness), but you can really drop them in any folder you like, the media scanner will still catch them. Reboot (the phone), and you're done!

EDIT: Also, for more tips and tricks if you're new to TouchWiz (the version of Android your phone is running), go to YouTube and search for Touchwiz, you'll see plenty of examples :)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,060 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you see something you want to move place your finger and hold it on that item. This is called "longpress". Then you can drag it where you want it. Even the trash.

To add something to the screen. Longpress on a blank area and another message will popup asking what you want to do.

here are some youtube videos that may help you get started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp3fc6...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJoj6T...

I feel the love of mutual starring Chad... LOL :D
Photo of Patti .

Patti .

thanks, but where is the trash can on the phone lol

patti

Patti, the trash can appears once you've held down on an icon. Let's suppose you want to remove an icon named "Super App" (I just made that up, it's not for real, lol)... You'd first touch the icon with your finger without releasing it. Once the phone has vibrated briefly, you can move the icon around. If you look at the very top of the screen, there's going to be either a trash can drawing, or the words "Trash". You slide the icon over there, right into the trash. Once you're in the right spot, the screen area surrounding your finger will turn red, indicating you're about to remove an icon. When satisfied with your choice, simply lift your finger up from the screen, and the icon will be removed from your desktop (it doesn't uninstall the application, it simply removes the shortcut to it).
Photo of Patti .

Patti .

thank you all for your help, its greatly appreciated
Photo of Patti .

Patti .

no response needed if others feel like making fun of me. thank you

No one is making fun of you Patti! Chad and I have simply put a star on each other's answer since they were very much alike. Nothing more!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Hi Patti, David and I both answered within the same minute with almost identical answers. My "haha" was directed at David because we not only both answered at the same time but we also clicked the "good answer" link on eachother answer. I'm sorry if it came across as if we were poking fun at you. We were not.

Also Patti, whether you have questions, or problems, or ideas, anything really, please don't hesitate to share on these forums! Just don't write any personal information, because this place is open to the public, so anyone can read it. Many users here are happy to assist to the best of their knowledge! Once you feel comfortable enough, you can start helping out too!

Cheers! :)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Patti, I feel terrible that you thought my haha was directed at you. I removed it. Please accept my apologies if I've offended you. I only want to help.

You can go sit alone in the corner now Chad :P hehe
Photo of Patti .

Patti .

apologies accepted
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

• 17,268 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Awwww.... you guys. lol.

And welcome Patti!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.