new texting conditions for the USA?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer applicable

i used to get charged for incoming text messages in the united states and 60 cents a message. i was in the usa last weekend and i got a message from koodo saying incoming texts were free now, and that it was 5$ for 100 sent texts. is it no longer 60 cents a text message? will i get charged 60 cents a text message if i don't reach 100? or does this mean that i will get charged 5$ as long as i don't go over 100? thanks!
Photo of Andrea Dumas

Andrea Dumas

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is no longer a charge for incoming texts

Outgoing texts are now 5$ for up to 100 i think youre charged 5$ each time you exceed the hundred count

So its 5$ for the first 100
Message 101-201 is 5$ and so on.

(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or you could get add-ons. Here's the full info for the next time you go to the US

Here's the info for roaming packages in the US : http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-...

Photo of Jack Yonge

Jack Yonge

• 2,370 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
How long do you have to use the 100 Texts if you pay $5 for the first one?

If I only make a couple of texts in a 30 days period, then Texting in the USA just got real expensive!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Per billing cycle
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@Jack Yonge If you were still being charged for receiving text messages currently at $0.60/message you'd only be able to send and receive a total of 8 messages (combined) before you'd make up almost $5 ($4.80 to be exact) so I think that's not too bad of a fee if you choose to send a few messages while roaming.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.