New plan on my own for me and son .ID issues in a way!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
I want to open my own account since my ex has has fallen behind in payments and just told me ..I will need to open my own plan for me and my son..I have a sin card, a birth for photo ID I have sent for my photo ID card I have a driver's licence that expired due to my marriage situation so is there a way to still sign on not pre paid . I have no passport .I really can't afford to go without a phone as my dad had two strokes and is not well's my line to my mother ! Crossing my fingers
Photo of unknown


  • 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • anxious and praying ?

Posted 10 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Cory


  • 10,502 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi April. Here is a list of what Koodo requires for ID.

You will need a piece of photo ID, unfortunately.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

  • 93,470 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You could also sign on for prepaid, then transfer to a post-paid account, porting your number, once you qualify.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

  • 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
In Ontario, an expired driver's license is valid as photo ID for a year after expiration.