New phone

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi Koodo, I'm not mad but I'm just letting you guys know that you should stop sending out text messages when your customers get new phones. Usually the intent behind these messages is good but around Christmas time, receiving two texts from Koodo telling me to "enjoy my new phone" ruins the surprise a little.
Photo of Kimberley Heath

Kimberley Heath

• 70 Points
  • Disappointed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 80,694 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the heads up Kimberley! Indeed we started with a good intent, however the unintended consequence is not what we wanted. This is the first year when these messages started to go out and I guess, it was not until Christmas when it became apparent the problem they may cause. Because the messages are automated the fix may not be simple or easy to implement. I will ask the team to look at sending out communication to our store reps (where possible) and when customers state they are purchasing a gift manually turn off the messages being sent. I'm really sorry your surprise has been revealed before the morning of the 25th. :-( If there is a tiny bit of saving grace it maybe that you don't know what phone it is. :-) Thanks again for letting us know!