New Black Friday Deals 2017

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I was just wondering what Koodo usually does for Black Friday deals, lower prices on phones and tab deals or something else; or do they even do black friday deals?
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 1,370 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,526 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They have deals on phones, it's their bright Friday sale. It starts on Thursday so stay tuned!
http://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/br...
Photo of Melissa Foote

Melissa Foote

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I cant access the site all morning! :( 
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

it was alright earlier this morning and now its just crazy bad :(
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,394 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Website for Koodo is down just checked
Photo of Marsha Lee Munn

Marsha Lee Munn

• 60 Points
I called koodo we'd to change my plans and they told me to wait till Friday for there black Friday deal on plans ...but I don't see any deals.
Photo of Diana Brown

Diana Brown

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What is going on? Website is down. Koodo offered me this "great" deal in October...they would pay off my tab ($105), give me an upgraded phone if I switched to a med tab from a small tab, extra $50 off bill over 6 months. Good deal until I found out they changed their plans and I would have to pay $5 more a month to go from 3gb to 1gb...I passed. Was hoping to see what they were offering today, but doesn't look like I am going to get in.....
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
They have better plans as well!
Photo of Gos Podin

Gos Podin

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think it ends monday night..
Photo of Haley Gresham

Haley Gresham

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Gos - Ok, thank you so much.. I think it might end Sunday night though. In my past experience, If they say it's on until the 27th that usually means that it ends at the end of the day before..

K, thanks :)
Photo of Gos Podin

Gos Podin

I just switched from bell to koodo on friday after 20s yrs with them.. i feel so liberated
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,560 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Haley, Cyber Monday is still part of the sale period. Hence Gos is right. :-) 
Photo of Haley Gresham

Haley Gresham

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ah, I see. Got it.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So this is last year promo of many carriers: https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/11/22/canada-carriers-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals/

I think this year, we will see something similar.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

looking at this again, i see no sales on iphones and well that sucks..
Photo of Felisha Marie

Felisha Marie

• 60 Points
When I search it says $0 on a medium tab, but then chose the iPhone and md tab and it still wants to charge over $500 for the phone.
Photo of Tammy Manor

Tammy Manor

• 60 Points
Do "Bright Friday" sales generally sell out? Or are they good so long as you get them that day? Looking for a phone for me and my daughter!
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

I hope they dont sell out fast, I wish i knew what time it started so i can check things out bc I have my eye on a phone lol
Photo of tennyalice

tennyalice

• 70 Points
looking for new phone too, hope they don't sell out fast
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 2,256 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Buy online from the US!  Plenty of unlocked and deals going on right now.

Zero issues bringing up a Moto G5S Plus from B&H in New York.  Arrived in 3 business days.

Don't plan on buying another handset in Canada again. 
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Why? I shop both Canada and US online. With the current exchange rate it's usually not a bargain to buy from the US. B&H does have great customer service though.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

agree!
Photo of Chris

Chris

First of all I bought when the FX was 81 cents.  Second, I bought a model that was not even available in Canada.   With the FX and tax it was still a great price. Unlocked phone selection in this country stinks. 
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I didn't want to reply to your original post, but you insisted. I looked at the phone you bought from BH. It's a US version. Good luck with OTA updates. Ditto for any warranty claims. I am not saying OTA or warranty is not possible, but you saved a couple of bucks to gain a couple of headaches.

I bought a phone from Koodo last year and due to manufacturing defect it needed service. Dealing with manufacturer and Koodo is a world of difference.
Koodo gave me a loaner, paid for all the shipping and compensated me for the trouble. Doubt you will get that kind of service from B&H or Motorola.

Thank you Koodo team!
Photo of Chris

Chris

What headaches?  I got something I could NOT buy here for a great price and would have been replaced hassle free from B&H if it were DOA defective.  Shrug.

Phones are disposable now and I have a backup should something happen to it (rare unless you drop it) and I need to get a new one.  Faster to swap SIMs, order something new/better and then get on with my life than deal with carriers and manufacturers. 

Peace of mind for me is knowing that I am in complete control and not relying on anyone except for the carrier to keep my number active, calls/data routed and fees calculated and billed correctly. 

As a Telus shareholder I thank you for your continued patronage and support!
(Edited)
Photo of Sagith

Sagith

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Call customer service on Friday, and you can get better loyalty discounts, right now Unlimited Talk and Text with 1GB of data is $40 through customer service or support team department.
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,546 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind that thy may offer this based on tenure, payments, etc. It may not be offered to everyone who call in and ask.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

thats what i have now but instead its 500 mins and i dont even reach that lol
Photo of md

md

• 60 Points
You gotta check Koodo every so often to see if they have good plans out to change to. I have unlimited talk and text for $35/mth that came out in August. I live in Quebec
Photo of Gos Podin

Gos Podin

sagith.. for that price.. were you able lto get a new phone?.. and if so which phone did you get?.. or
was that price when you bring your own phone?
thanks
Photo of Sagith

Sagith

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
In BestBuy Mobile
LGG5, Samsung Galaxy A5, and iPhone 6 are $0 on small tab
You get up to $150 gift card
Avaible in BestBuy Mobile for Koodo, Vrigin Mobile or Fido new and existing customers.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

doesnt mean they will offer the same, might offer better or possibly worse deals; its a risk im willing to take lol
Photo of JohnC

JohnC

• 1,722 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The plan sale is up now but to get the same plan I'm on would cost me 25$ more. I'll just stick with my 3gb..
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

thats been like that a day or 2 now, i dont know if its the bright friday sale or not.
Photo of Koodoian

Koodoian

• 530 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes. It does not seem like BF sale is on yet
Photo of Koodoian

Koodoian

Deals are on now yehaa
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

yah wish the plans were better though lol
Photo of Koodoian

Koodoian

true. no good to me
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

Im more looking for an iphone, so its between an iphone 6s or iphone 7; to decide.. the only thing is i would have to change my plan for the iphone 7 to pay less but uuggghhhhhhh i dun wanna lol
Photo of Koodoian

Koodoian

Photo of aketsadachan .

aketsadachan .

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Discounts on tabs, but an increase in monthly rate charges. That'so strange. Less data too.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,394 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
i was just on the Koodo site it says get a extra 2gb on certain plans i am on the $49 6gb plan Quebec and wanted to get the $35 1gb plan could i get the extra 2gbs because i don't see anything about being a new member or upgrading to a new phone like it said last week and is any data deals for black Friday thanks
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 88,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To my recollection, the $35 QC Plan was not included in the additional data offer.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

Im still waiting on my phone to ship that I ordered Thursday lol
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What's the order number for the phone?
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

why, i don't really feel comfortable giving that out lol
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh sorry. I thought you were wanting a rep to look into this for you.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

If I don't see anything tomorrow I will call, thank you anyways.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.