New Apple products September 2017

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
I just read the Apple page on Iphones that were released. It turns out they released 3 phones in three weeks. I was confused on this point as I don't follow this product line much at all. I apologize for asking questions about these things. I did read that Apple asked it suppliers to reduce the parts supply chain to slow production by 40%. Sales have stalled on this close release of slightly changed product line. The prices to me are, slightly ludicrous for incremental improvements.
Photo of Brian A. Gallagher

Brian A. Gallagher

• 994 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • bombarded with mediocrity

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,684 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Right. So what is your question then?
Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,502 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My wife went from the 6s to the 8. The camera upgrade alone was worth it.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,684 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Depends on what you consider worth it for the cost. The 6S continues to run well on iOS 11 and is still a fine phone.

I remain skeptical on how much demand there will be for a 1500 dollar phone but it's possible that even that isn't too much for people for a phone just yet.
Photo of Cory

Cory

Yea. Apple is pushing it with the pricing on the X. Even with subsidized pricing will be high. It may or may not burn them. We’ll have to wait and see.

Brian A. Gallagher

Just looked at IPhone 8. All glass, I'll pass, it would be as pain in the @$$. Lol.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just looked at IPhone 8. All glass,

Yes, a tradeoff to allow wireless charging.
Photo of Anderson007

Anderson007

• 70 Points
iPhone X is really expensive, I was considering whether or not to buy it.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,694 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Koodo will have the iPhone X on varying tab amounts so that will cheapen the load up front at least. In the end though, if you can't afford the phone don't get it.
It all comes down to personal preference really.
(Edited)
Photo of Cory

Cory

It’s up to your needs and budget. The iPhone 8 Plus is 80% as good and cheaper. I spend far too much on phones, and I passed on the X. It’s not worth the money to me. It has nothing that Samsung hasn’t had for years, and the Note 8 is cheaper.

I got an iPhone 8 Plus after years of being on android, and I have no regrets.

Also, if Steve was still alive, someone’s head would roll for designing a phone with such a hideous cutout in the top of the display.....
(Edited)

Brian A. Gallagher

Looked at Samsung Note 8 at Costco in Red Deer, AB. It is cheaper and Costco throws in a kicker. It's still incredibly decadent for my choice.

Brian A. Gallagher

I have given up on bleeding edge phones for now, remember today's bleeding edge is tomorrow s, discounted has been. Einstein claimed all time is relative, and this certainly applies to cellphones. LG g6 very cheap today and it was a flagship only months ago. I do like v30 today...lol. It's amazing how cellphones are sold on their cameras and not as a communication device.
I am just starting to study 5G networks, which would make today's flagships dinosaurs compared to what's coming. I suggest reading about these before throwing down your cash on 4G phones.