Name Change

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I have 3 cell lines with Koodo. Is there anyway to change the name for two of the phones? They all have my name
Photo of BluWolfy

BluWolfy

• 644 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,878 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Account owner has to call in and request to do a transfer of ownership ($10) per line

You can call in or go to a Koodo store to do a credit check on the ppl you want the lines changed to

If credit check is passed then the accounts can be changed to those ppl and they will become owners of the accounts.

Don't forget providing two pieces of ID for the credit check.

Keep in mind that they will become separate accounts so you won't enjoy free calling between lines anymore.
(Edited)
Photo of BluWolfy

BluWolfy

I don't want to transfer ownership. My two boys have phones that are all on my account. Want to know if I can put their names to their number, but leave them all on the same account
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,202 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There are 4 lines under my husband's name. 2 are my kids and 1 is mine.
My husband called Koodo and made me as an authorized person( now, I can change plan/add-on or making bill inquirer without him when I call in ), so there is my name on my line/number. 
My kids has my husbands name.

But, I don't believe Koodo  have name display yet,,, 
So, I'm not sure there is any benefit if you don't make them as authorized person.
Photo of Michael Guenzel

Michael Guenzel

• 60 Points
this is so silly... I have 6 lines under my account and when I go into the self serve area it is a pain to see my name repeated. Is there not a way I can make the display name for the account something other than my own (one of them has my name misspelled as well)
You could have used different names when you activated the lines. Customer service should be able to change them for you. It is not a transfer of ownership. As you see, Mobile Masters are not really Masters here.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 88,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No need to be rude. We are not give a book by Koodo on everything that can or cannot be done. Can't be 100% right.
Photo of BluWolfy

BluWolfy

I did imposed that question when I set up the other line. Wasn't possible
It is possible. It is a good idea to watch the screen to see what the rep is doing. You would think they know the system inside out since they use it all day, but no. Took almost 2 hours to active a single line once because the rep wouldn't listen to me.
(Edited)
Photo of Julien

Julien

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Possible! I have 3 lines:
Line A has my name, line B has my name (ordered through the webstore -- wish there was a way to set the name of the real user) and upon activating line C at a Koodo kiosk, they asked me the name of the person who would be using it -- they correctly set it up.
Photo of BluWolfy

BluWolfy

How would I do that Allan?
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 88,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
On the top of the page select new post like you original did but in step 2 select idea instead of question and take it from there.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb