my sister just got an iphone 4s from koodo but only with a 200$ tab anyone else get thi deal?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mention

Photo of Adrienne Elise Lavigne

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brendan William

Brendan William

• 732 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You could get this deal using Tab Small or Tab Medium (I'm not sure which one)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,182 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Tab small is up to $150 :)
she is new custiomer she paied nothing and her tab is only 200 not 450...
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

Did your sister use positive Tab (that she accumulated)?
she is a new customer
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,672 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When did she get this deal?
Maybe it was during the sale when the iPhone was $300 and a bonus $100 gift got applied to the tab
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

I don't think these bonus gift applied to the tab. ( I was told that at the kiosk)

Or it was Pre-Owned phone? I can't think anything else
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Where did she get this? Koodo kiosk or a retailer like best buy?
Photo of TheZoomer

TheZoomer

• 1,784 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I found this on Best Buy's website

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/k...
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This must have been while it was on sale and even then, the Tab would have to be 300. Unless Koodo shops can only apply a certain amount onto the Tab and the customer can pay the rest upfront because I don't have that ability. It's all or nothing on new activations for us. For Tab redemptions we can play with it a little bit but 99% of people just take all of the Tab they can since the old one has to be paid off first.

That doesn't even make sense to me math-wise, because she's paying an extra $5/month for the Tab charge since she's above 150 to start with, which equals $120 over 24 months. She could have just went on Tab Small and paid the $150 upfront (and kept the gift card from Koodo) so that would have been an extra 50 bucks instead of paying out 120 over 24 months.

Did she get referrals? Does she work for Loblaws or WalMart and gets a one-time $50 Tab credit? Those are the only other scenarios I can think of.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.