My phone was destroyed. How do I get a new one?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I had a Samsung phone that was run over this summer. I am still under contract. What do I need to do to get a new phone?
Photo of Shanda Grace Collins

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

  • 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
With that phone, there is no contract. What you can do is see what your tab is at. You can choose any phone here...

When/if you upgrade, your current tab, if anything owed, is billed out and you would be able to choose a Tab S being $150 off the phone, a Tab M being $300 off the phone which would add $5/month on the bill to go directly towards the tab as long as your plan is at least $30 a month. If not, go here and choose a current plan...

You can also choose the Tab L which give $500 off the phone and a $10/month charge would appear on the bill to go directly towards the tab. There are three plans to choose and you can see those at the bottom of the link a posted above.
Photo of Myke


  • 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you still have a negative tab balance, you will need to pay it out before you can purchase a new phone. You can do it either at the time of purchase or have it applied to your next bill.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

  • 142,546 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Go into a Koodo kiosk and say "my phone broke and I need to buy a new one."
Photo of Bill Melater

Bill Melater

  • 2,954 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Pay off what you owe on the original phone, and buy a new one.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.