My GT-S7560M (aka Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X) won't connect to any wifi!

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
This problem has never happened before but it just started the other day, but for some reason my phone won't connect to wifi anywhere, the list of wifis wont even show up on my phone. It was working fine like two days ago. Everytime i go to the wifi option it says "turning on..." but it doesn't do anything (see attached picture) (and yes i slid the tab to the right but it just went back to what you see in the picture)

I have called my service provider (koodo), reset my phone, took out the battery, took out the plug in my router and put it back and factory reset my phone and nothing. I've watched youtube videos but they have nothing on my phone and i don't know what to do.

I feel like i would have to get a new phone because of this but i hope not because i dont really want to (and knowing my parents ill get a crappy one) but i really hope someone could help me with this issue!

Thanks so much! :)
Photo of Mez Ali

Mez Ali

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,250 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Click on Advanced and make sure it's trying to connect to the proper frequency of your router, if you don't know which frequency make sure it's set to auto.
Photo of Mez Ali

Mez Ali

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My phone doesn't have the frequency option
Photo of Heather Howe

Heather Howe

• 60 Points
My phone cuts off in the middle of talking to someone,it just started doing this, the phone is not a year old yet, can someone tell me whats wrong .
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Heather, try this method. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until you see the Phone options menu. Select 'Power off'. Take the back cover off and remove the battery and SIM card for 30 seconds. Re-insert SIM card and battery, then power the phone back on. Let us know if this works.
Photo of Ilene Cool

Ilene Cool

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
i have the same problem, my samsung galaxy ace 2 just won't connect to wifi in my home, it says incorrect password, what is wrong? can koodo do sth about it? i went to a koodo store and was told that the samsung doesn't make software updates for this kind of phone, how do i fix it?
Photo of Amelie Sarah

Amelie Sarah

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been having issues with my phone as well. I brought it to a shop to have it fixed after the factory reset didn't work and I was told the phone "hard drive" is dead. Nothing can be done. :(
Photo of Shahnila Noman

Shahnila Noman

• 62 Points
My Samsung galaxy Ace 2 is not connecting to wifi please help me. I go to Advanced put my key but it shows not in range can anyone help me.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not in range means that the Wi-Fi access point you're attempting to connect to doesn't appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks, the Wi-Fi access point may be unplugged or you are physically out of range of the Wi-Fi network. On your phone, check the SSID, (network name) and verify that it appears in the list of available Wi-Fi networks, then try and connect to it.
Photo of ♛GAMER♛

♛GAMER♛

• 70 Points
????still no fix???
Photo of ♛GAMER♛

♛GAMER♛

• 70 Points
i really want to fix this
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Only fix I can think of is to re-flash the phones' firmware. Android 4.0.4 is still available on the SamMobile site. No root required. You just need Odin (link available when you download the firmware) a utility used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Or you can flash the firmware via ADB.

Registration and the download are free, though premium members will get faster download speeds.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

1. Paste the model number into the search box (GT-S7560M)
2. Click Search (magnifying glass)
3. Click on 'Select Country' and choose Canada (Koodo Mobile) (KDO)
4. Select the (only) firmware file dated 2014-02-20
5. Select Regular Download
6. Scroll down the page and click on the Odin link to download the utility.

Instructions are provided on how to set the phone up to receive the firmware file.