My phone is currently under my mom's name because I got it before I turned 19. Now I want to update my phone, can I get it switched to be un

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Zoë McNair

Zoë McNair

  • 40 Points

Posted 3 years ago

  • 2
Photo of HippieLongstocking


  • 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Zoe!
if you would like to get it switched to your name you would have to get your mom to call to initiate a transfer of ownership which is $25. You will then call back or she will pass the phone to you if your there together when she makes the call and they will complete the transfer into your name. you will need two pieces of I.D. one being phone such as D.L, Age of Majority passport and then your SIN or Credit Card and they will do a credit check over the phone and if your approved the account will be transferred to you :D
Photo of Ronni


  • 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Might be better to stay on your mom's plan and just pay her your portion. All people on the same plan can talk and text without using their minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.