My new Unlocked Nokia lumia 540 isn't working on Koodo network. Keeps saying no network found

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I got a new Lumia 540 unlocked phone. I've inserted my koodo SIM card into it but the phone can't detect the Koodo network. It shows no network found. So I can't even make calls. I tried using another provider's SIM card and it worked. Any ideas please?
Photo of Pet Tessy

Pet Tessy

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pet,

Are you sure the phone is unlocked? Follow the steps outline on this site:
http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non...
(Edited)
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your phone won't find the Koodo network because it's not compatible with it. It's dual-band WCDMA (900/2100). You need 850/1900 WCDMA for Koodo.
Photo of Spence

Spence

• 8,354 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
What other Providers Sim did you try?
Photo of Pet Tessy

Pet Tessy

Please what Microsoft Lumia phones will work with Koodoo? They all seem similar to the Lumia 540
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Anything with WCDMA (also called 3G or HSPA) bands of 850/1900.
Photo of Pet Tessy

Pet Tessy

Thanks a lot for your help. I got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. It's affordable and has a 5" screen which is one of the reasons I love the Lumia 540. I really love the Windows Lumia series, sad my 540 won't be useful to me in Canada.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ivan already touched on this, but the other provider's SIM the OP tried was Rogers/Fido/Chatr. They're the only ones with 2G in Canada. That's why the 540 recognized those. Everyone else is 3G 850/1900 only (LTE is yet another set of bands).

Sorry Pet Tessy, you'll have to buy a different phone.
(Edited)
Photo of Pet Tessy

Pet Tessy

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.