My LG GB 255g has started showing a square box with an R icon. What does it mean?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Where can I find a list of icons for the LG GB255g phone?
Photo of Iris Davies

Iris Davies

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you mean in the right hand top corner? Usually that means you're on Roaming. Are you close to the border?

Here is a list of manuals and documents available for that phone, hopefully it'll give you the answer you're looking for :)
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-mobil...
Photo of Iris Davies

Iris Davies

It is in the center/left next to the bluetooth icon. I will double check but I have not had it on roaming. No I am not near the border so I don't have that worry. I've checked the manuals but there are no lists of icons.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Make sure your phone is actually connected to the Koodo network. If your phones network settings are on automatic, it may connect to a foreign network which could be a reason the R is showing up.
Photo of Iris Davies

Iris Davies

When I manually choose a network the only networks that show are Telus and Rogers. Could that be the issue?
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Select telus, that should work the same as selecting koodo.
Photo of Iris Davies

Iris Davies

Still have the R
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Might be roaming on another network, due to the changes recently enforced by the CRTC to require all carriers to allow roaming on other carriers networks. There should be no cost to you sad long as you are on a Canadian network.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Virtual Star
Photo of YDOUTHINK

YDOUTHINK

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So does that mean now I can roam on Rogers towers with this new law you mention? As I visit a friend in northern Ontario. And I get no signal in the past. As only one Rogers tower in the area in question.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,588 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That is what is supposed to happen.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.