My iphone 5s will not connect to koodo network.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have called Koodo, they tried refreshing network settings, taking out sim, putting phone on airplane mode etc. They told me to take it to Koodo kiosk (there isn't a kiosk here so I took it to Walmart where I bought the phone. I was given a new sim card, I activated it and it's still searching for a network. Suggestions? 
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken

I'm also unable to install iOS 9.1
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 182,142 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Has the phone been reported stolen?

http://www.protectyourdata.ca/
Photo of 5s

5s

• 7,186 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
He said he bought it from WalMart.
Photo of 5s

5s

So you bought the phone at Walmart, how many days ago?
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
At this point it sounds like the issue is with the phone itself. I'd take it to your closest Apple store and have it looked it and possibly replaced for another. Unless you're within 15 days of purchase, you can go to the Walmart you bought it at and exchange it for another unit. Otherwise, Apple store.

Neither Walmart or Koodo can repair/fix/replace anything for you. Apple phones are looked after at Apple stores. It's Apple's policy.
Photo of Ken

Ken

I did buy the phone, it was purchased within the last year. There is no Apple store on the island, I'm assuming I'll have to send it via mail? Thanks for suggestions. 
Photo of 5s

5s

Maybe it's your apn settings that the mobile masters can help you with
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 182,142 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure 3G is on and maybe change your carrier settings to manual and select Koodo manually (This will take a few mins)
Photo of Ken

Ken

I did reset the apn settings, not sure if there is something more specific i'm supposed to do? My apn reads sp.koodo.com with an empty username and password. My iphone will not go on 3G, i click on it and it automatically goes back to LTE. 

I called Koodo again, they informed me I would have to contact Apple because it seems to be a problem with the phone (which is still under warranty). Apple said my phone is locked through the Telus Canada network which is why it's not connecting to the network. I purchased my phone through Koodo. I mentioned Telus may be a sister company (?) but she said no, and this was the problem. I called Koodo back, they told me to call Telus, who told me to call Koodo. The last Koodo agent I talked to tried to be helpful but didn't understand... I have no idea where to go from here. 
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,976 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry I couldn't help but have a chuckle at the phone tag that all these people expected you to play.

You've literally talked to everyone in the phone business and couldn't get help.
The phone is not locked to telus exclusively.
If I had to choose a guilty party in these series of phone calls it would be the apple rep. I would call apple again and make sure you explain that it is locked to Koodo.

If that doesnt work I would take it to a physical apple store.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 181,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did the iphone box say Telus or Koodo?

Try to sync your phone with iTunes on a computer with the sim card.

I also think i may be the sim card.  Try another Koodo sim in the phone and try your sim in another koodo phone and see if it works?

Mitchell Palmater

Quote from OP "I was given a new sim card, I activated it and it's still searching for a network. "

And good idea with the telus or Koodo box, but if he tried scanning a telus phone through the koodo portal at the time of sale it wouldn't have gone through =[

I still think trying out a different apple rep would be best.
Either at a store or again over the phone.
Photo of 5s

5s

This is disgusting.
Evil little blood sucking monkeys, see no responsibility, hear no responsibility, speak no responsibility.
This is why the CRTC exists, this is why tort law exists and this is what pxsses people off to no end.
I truly and honestly feel bad for you Ken, not that it happened, but that you are being treated, in such a disgusting manner.

Mitchell Palmater

uh whoa whoa whoa.
This sort of thing happens regardless of manufacturer or carrier.
You have a year manufacturer warranty and the phone WILL be repaired for you.
We're just trying to suggest some places you can contact to fix the problem without sending it away.
no one is sucking your blood or whatever just came out of that guys mouth lol
Photo of 5s

5s

Like you said Mitchell he's spoken with everyone in the industry and they all passed the buck. What do you call that?
Photo of Spence

Spence

• 8,354 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ken , Before doing anything else;
1. backup your phone to itunes on a PC
2.  Do a factory reset
3. Restore phone from backup and test

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.