My galaxy A5 2017 won't charge anymore.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Galaxy A5 2017 stopped charging.  I have been getting an error message stating that because I'm using a charger that was not intended for my phone it will charge slower.  The thing is I'm using the charger that came with it.  Last night the battery died and when I plugged it in this morning it would not charge at all.
Photo of Danielle Le Sieur McCue

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 65,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try just plugging it in a few times, different sockets, different cables or charging bricks if you have some available to you, restarting your phone, etc.
If nothing works you can contact Samsung to look into getting a new charger or your phone repaired.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Danielle: It could be some issues with the cable or the USB connection. Was the cable in good condition?
I tried the cable and charger with another device and it worked.  Sometimes I can get the phone to turn on but it says 0% battery life and shuts off.  Sometimes I get that little lighting bolt in the circle but no charging percentage.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,894 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like your phone had issues with battery. Have you got another charger, cable to test?
Unfortunately, the problem seems to be with where I put the charger in.  If I hold the phone in a certain way or move the cable, it charges.  I just have to keep it completely still and sometimes it takes several tries to get it.  
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,894 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So it could be issues with flimsy USB connections. I would try with another cable/charger and see if it could help.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,104 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Also make sure the phone case is not in the way