My email is in my former husbands account, how can it be changed to my new account

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
My email is in my former husbands account and would like to use this email for my new account for my recently purchase iPhone SE from you last week. It will not let me set up my New account due to email already in use. I have no use for my former husbands account. How can this be changed
Photo of Gis Doucet

Gis Doucet

  • 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

  • 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You would need to call Koodo in order to make the change.
Photo of Gis Doucet

Gis Doucet

  • 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Have tried before and was told he needs to call and remove my email. We are no longer in contact and he has since moved out of his apartment. He also changed his cell number and cannot notify him. Is this still possible by phoning them
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

  • 62,040 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The only way you'll be able to get it fixed would be by contacting Koodo so I would try again.
It's tricky though because they can't simply remove the email without having another one to replace it so in the end someone needs to get in contact with him.

On a side note, what kind of email is it? (Gmail, outlook, etc.)
Photo of Frank Piccolo

Frank Piccolo

  • 426 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If the account is in his name and credentials there's not much you can do in getting the email address to yourself. He'd have to close/delete his account for you to get the address. Even if you contact, say Google if it's a Gmai acct, they'd want proof (rightly so) that' you're the owners of the account.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,866 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You guys are overly complicating this.

On the Self serve login page, click forgot password.  Your email will get a password reset link from Koodo.  Use it to take over the account using that email.  From here you can get the phone information to contact your ex.

If he does not cooperate, you now have access to his self sevre and you can start having some fun ;)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

  • 97,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not sure that I'd promote "having fun" by doing this. I think that a simple contact to have the account reset to free up the email should suffice.