My bill is over 400 help !!!

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
The issue lies in my phone obsession. Lol no lie...
Photo of MacMurtry Dan

MacMurtry Dan

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • stressed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 178,354 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
So these are legitimate charges?
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 101,484 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How can we help you? If they are legitimate charges, we can't do anything. You would need to pay them!
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,012 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If ur on a low plan and say ur overages are way over ur plan. Try upgrading to a plan with alot more data in it. Yes ur base plan will be higher. But it will save you in overages
Photo of BobTheElectrician

• 57,518 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Learn to tame some Android data hogs:
1. Make sure your Google play store preferences are set so that updates only happen when you are on wifi, never over mobile data.
2. Instead of Google Maps, use HERE or MapFactor Navigator. These allow you to download your map data on wifi ahead of time instead of always doing it on-the-fly using mobile data. All of North America requires about 4 gig of space— enough to ruin anyone’s mobile allotment over time for no good reason.
3. Download a data switch such as Farproc so that you can easily toggle the data use on your phone.  By default my mobile data is turned off unless I need to use it now. Not too much point in getting constant notifications and emails till you are ready to deal with them. Once you’re off the road, you can use wifi or turn data back on to catch up quickly.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.